Monday, February 25, 2008

Class Poets!


We began our unit on poetry and wrote rhyming poems. Here are a few samples....

"My Sister"
My sister can be cool
She can also be a fool
My sister can be mean
Sometimes I wish she was a lima bean!

Mys sister is a dork
Sometimes I wish she were a stork
That way
She could fly away!
~Shauna N.


"Milk and Cookies"
Chocolate chip cookies in my milk
Dip, dip, dip; slerp, slerp, slerp
I drink the milk in one big gulp
It leaves a big silk sheet upon my lip
Again I get more milk
And dip, dip, dip!
~Ben L.


"My Monkey"
My monkey went bananas
He gave me quite a scare
So I moved to the savannahs
The sand was so creamy
Very dreamy
Too bad he followed me there!
~Kat K.


"Pain, Panic, Relief"
My name is Ty,
I like to eat pie.
I climbed a tree,
And fell on my knee.
To make things worse, there came a bee,
That led a whole swarm to me.
But I got up and ran away,
And lived to see another day!
~Ty C.

This week we will write an ode. Look for those soon!

No comments:

Important Dates

November 17th- Research Note Cards due
November 20th - Research Paper due
November 21st- King Tut field trip
December 2nd - First AR test due
January 12th - Second AR test due
January 13th - Second quarter ends